
I'm actually not sure anyone reads my blog anymore since my "move" but I'm still here and writing :)
Do you ever think about the effect a positive attitude can have on things? Well I do.
This morning I looked out my front window to see a large backhoe digging up pavement and then digging a large 5 foot hole. It was totally blocking my driveway. Totally. I didn't need to go anywhere, but I did wish that one of the men had just come to my door and told me what was going on. It made me mad and I called two friends and let them know how I was feeling too. I love good friends that will listen! :)
Anyway, it turned out fine. Mark came and picked me up, so we could go get our car out of the shop. (story for another day!) And I ran some errands and then came home. A nice guy hopped out of the backhoe and asked if I needed to get into my garage. They moved a truck and then told me they were turning my water off for a couple hours. I was fine.
(Until the bathroom was needed! :)
Then, this afternoon, I saw a man on main street in Logan that had a sign that said, "Will work for food" and I just wondered where this man's family was? What has gotten him to this point? And then, I realized that I really have it so great.
Later tonight, our home teachers came. They shared a message about having a positive attitude, and it was just the message I needed to hear today. This project on 10th west is going to happen. If I complain, or get upset, it doesn't really matter. All that does is hurt me. I'm going to choose to be more upbeat about it. And other things in our life that just haven't gone as we had hoped. A lot of things lately. I'm not talking about anything earth shattering, just things like; really expensive car fixes, crowns needed on both of our teeth, work stuff, etc.
They come in waves, don't they?
All is well. Life happens. I really believe that the person that we really are shines through when we can deal with less than great situations well. And there you have it.
Do you ever think about the effect a positive attitude can have on things? Well I do.
This morning I looked out my front window to see a large backhoe digging up pavement and then digging a large 5 foot hole. It was totally blocking my driveway. Totally. I didn't need to go anywhere, but I did wish that one of the men had just come to my door and told me what was going on. It made me mad and I called two friends and let them know how I was feeling too. I love good friends that will listen! :)
Anyway, it turned out fine. Mark came and picked me up, so we could go get our car out of the shop. (story for another day!) And I ran some errands and then came home. A nice guy hopped out of the backhoe and asked if I needed to get into my garage. They moved a truck and then told me they were turning my water off for a couple hours. I was fine.
(Until the bathroom was needed! :)
Then, this afternoon, I saw a man on main street in Logan that had a sign that said, "Will work for food" and I just wondered where this man's family was? What has gotten him to this point? And then, I realized that I really have it so great.
Later tonight, our home teachers came. They shared a message about having a positive attitude, and it was just the message I needed to hear today. This project on 10th west is going to happen. If I complain, or get upset, it doesn't really matter. All that does is hurt me. I'm going to choose to be more upbeat about it. And other things in our life that just haven't gone as we had hoped. A lot of things lately. I'm not talking about anything earth shattering, just things like; really expensive car fixes, crowns needed on both of our teeth, work stuff, etc.
They come in waves, don't they?
All is well. Life happens. I really believe that the person that we really are shines through when we can deal with less than great situations well. And there you have it.
I needed this post! I have had the worst attitude about things lately and really do need to change my attitude otherwise it's not going to get any better. Good Luck with all the construction!
ReplyDeleteI LOVED the First Presidency message this month too! Thanks for sharing this experience.
ReplyDeleteI read your blog. I'm just a stalker. :)
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way sometimes. Hang in there! You are right - you do have it great (literally just think about having a husband that is righteous, loves you, cares about you and your children, makes you laugh, takes you out of town to exotic places... okay I'll stop). But even if one has it great, it doesn't make one exempt from having trials or difficulties. So don't feel bad about having a bad attitude once in awhile. :) Looks like you pulled yourself out of it quite well!
Natalie... I read your blog! Every time you update, I'm there. Sorry about the demolition going on! At first, I thought YOU were remodeling and I thought, "Wow, they're really going all out!" Then, I realized, it's just the neighbors so it's not near as exciting for you. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI'm here too! I read it! Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteYou are awesome. How frustrating. I agree about a good attitude, that's why I married Mike. It's crazy too how if you child is ornery it makes me so ornery. I need to have that attitude more often.
ReplyDeleteNatalie, have I told you lately that you are amazing? You really are! I love you so much and I'm so grateful for your excellent example in my life. Attitude is everything. A positive attitude is contagious. Thanks for posting this!
ReplyDelete