Saturday, September 10, 2011

Trek 2011

Yes, this did happen in June...BUT you still want to know about it. right?!

Our church does this mock Pioneer Trek across similar paths that our ancestors would have crossed.  They are for youth groups 12-18.  Our stake participated in it this year and I was anxious to be a part of the experience.  Mark has never been and I really wanted to go with him.  I was lucky enough to go on Trek when I was 14, and then 18 as a "Ma" and loved both times.  This time Mark and I went as a "Ma and Pa" and it was a great experience, but much more difficult than the previous 2 I'd been on.  We ended up walking nearly 26 miles in three days.

Here what the first day when we met our family:


Here is Sonja creating the flag for our wagon (not a member-said she was Agnostic) AWESOME girl. 
Our family name was: The Short and Easy to Remembers- silly kids!
Sagie-Oh what a sweet girl.  DEATHLY afraid of bugs and she ended up waking up the entire camp one night with a tick in her belly button. Yes, it's true.




The men waiting up at the top of the hill during "Women's pull"
Washing President Maughn's hair
Our serious Pioneer Faces


We made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment